Friday, February 26, 2010

Guerra de bolas de nieve!

Snowball fights might be a little violent for the little ones ;) so I've added a verse about snow to this rain song:

Si los copos de nieve fueran malvaviscos
Me encantaría estar ahí!
Abriría la boca para saborear
ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Si los copos de nieve fueran malvaviscos
Me encantaría estar ahi!

If snowflakes were marshmallows
I'd love to be there!
I'd open my mouth to taste
ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
If snowflakes were marshmallows
I'd love to be there!

I learned the song a decade ago from a little girl on Culebra, the beautiful island off of Puerto Rico (where my daughter and I will be vacationing this spring, woo-hoo!). But it's actually an American English song which was translated into Spanish, so I don't include it in the Musica Para Mi repertoire (we stick to traditional Hispanic children's songs). Those of you who grew up in the States may know the original version:

If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops
oh what a rain that would be!
Standing outside with my mouth open wide,
ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops
oh what a rain that would be!

After doublechecking the lyrics online I saw that there are also lyrics in English for snowflakes and sunbeams.

So just go outside and open wide!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! : )

    ReplyDelete